Saturday, September 07, 2013

COVERGIRL "FLAMED OUT MASCARA"

Flame Out.... The newest mascara from COVERGIRL (REVIEW)

The product Claims 
  • Maximum volume instantly
  • Bold winged-out lash look
  • A unique wire brush to curve lashes up an out.  
AMAZING  ha? When I read it, I thought that too, and as it is a COVERGIRL brand so I got convinced really fast that I didn't even do any research about this mascara, and I decided to buy it.
 The  down side is that this new type of brush gives you so much expectations. It's also kind of disappointing that the formula is a little dry, what makes it hard to build it up. but if you are a big fan of dry formulas this is the one for you! I am more of a wet formula type of girl.
                                                                                                                                                                    Packaging and Presentation

As packaging is concerned the tube is wrapped with plastic and a cart board with information. As you can see the brush already comes into the formula tube, so you don't get the actual look of the brush. It has pretty fun colors but not that much creativity with the decoration, as it just has flames. I'll give it 4 stars for packaging and presentation.



I tested with out curling my lashes on my right eye first because I wanted to be able to see how this mascara actually works.

                               Normal Lashes                                          Curled Lashes
       

First Coat

                            Normal Lashes                                             Curled Lashes

Second Coat



Do you see the difference from when I curled my lashes first and from the 1st and 2nd coats?
I think that the left side (the one with the curly lashes) looks thicker and a fuller than the other side, but the other side  looks longer.

Comparison


Now let's talk about the real product and no any expectations.
The formula for this mascara is really dry which is kind of bad because that meas that the lashes are going to clump more easily, so you need to be more careful by the time you apply this product onto your lashes. I had to work and build it up a lot just to get that volume from the picture, which is why I wont think of this mascara as my "Go To" mascara.
This mascara actually works really great is you have small  and thick lashes because it does makes them longer but it doesn't give you that full effect that you might be looking for. After 16 hours this mascara didn't flake and it looked the same as I first applied.

The brush is great because is really easy use but you might want to be careful, because of the size you can messed up your eye make up, and you will have to fix it as I did.

The Price! Well prices may vary from where you get it from, prices go from 5.99 to 7.99$ approx. Just to make you things more easy, we'll leave a few links were you can get this mascara if you click HERE, HERE or HERE. and again if you go to the store you might be able to find a few coupons and get it for cheaper or get better deals.

We will give this mascara 3 stars total just because we know that COVERGIRL has better mascaras for the same price. Let us know what do you guys want for us to review next.
XOX. Team Glam it Up

Disclaimer: This review it's not sponsored, the products shown in here were purchased with our own money, and all opinions expressed in here are as always honest and true, the pictures shown in here are also our own.
                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment